Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My summer project...fini


This is my summer project. I did a lot by myself. But I had some help too. So thanks to my Parents, Chance, Brent and Braden, for the slave labor and yes Troy even managed a few hours too. I like how it turned out. But the best will be in a few years after everything grows for a while. I can hardly wait for next spring.

This is my yard in the winter.

This is the temporary garden box. We tried out square foot gardening.


This is the hole that Chance dug. He was great.

Then came the ground cover and what! 5 yards of dirt back in the hole.

Garden growing.

I found a great stone yard by the railroad tracks in American fork and for about a 1/3rd of the cost of the other big stone yards I bought two pallets of limestone quarried in Manti, Utah. Not to mention great service and tips for building my wall and patio.

I only hurt my back 3 times. Thank goodness for 800 mg ibuprofren and massage.
So some times the wall just sat there. It is like putting together a puzzle.

Wall complete!

Flagstone Patio Complete! Did I mention 2 yards of sand back into the hole.

New garden boxes complete. Someday I want red brick boxes but that will come later along with a 6x8 barn style shed. For now that area is "Kate's dirt" her sandbox.


Another fun puzzle to figure out.


I bought this table and chair set when we first moved into the house 9 years ago. I knew someday it would have this place to live.

The garden grew! And gave us swiss chard, peas, spinach, tomotoes, potatoes, banana peppers jalepenos and basil.

So this is what used to live there. I always have awesome gardens. Is it luck or a gift passed down from my late Grandma to my Dad to me. I like to think it is the second. Green thumbs.


ALL DONE...for now.

What will be next...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to get a cool project. You have gardening and Raegan does quilting and sewing. I guess I have shopping :)