Thursday, September 11, 2008

I am not spoiled.

THE CLOSET

First half... ...second half just one drawer...



So I started to think about the fall and winter and that maybe Kate might need some clothes or a jacket. So I hit old walmart (yes we do shop there now that I do not work. Troy just has to suck it up if he wants me to save money) I came home with a bunch of Halloween decorations and for Kate some knit pants, a hoodie, and socks and shoes to thrash outside.

Then later that day I started to go through her closet. I probably should have did that before the trip to the store. Kate has received a lot of clothes from her cousins and the neighbor girls that are a few years older than her. Turns out after pulling out the next size 18months, well she has 5 jackets, 7 pairs of pants, 23 dresses, 13 skirts and well a lot more. WOW what a wardrobe for a 13 month old. She is lacking for nothing right now and I don't need to buy her any new clothes until she is probably 3. I have to add these are very nice hand-me-downs too.

I am so grateful for these clothes. Today we will hit walmart to return some things.

Kate is getting so independent. I finally gave in and let her feed herself some mac and cheese. It ended up everywhere and was a fun finger painting activity after she finished eating. Its hard to tell but her face and hair are covered in cheese.

7 comments:

Kat said...

I love that you documented her closet and I believe how grown up she is looking. We're excited to see you guys tomorrow.

Raegan said...

I was just thinking that it is time to check the boys' clothes inventory. However, it is still 100 degrees and pants won't be needed for a few weeks when it gets in the 80's. hehehe.

Grandma Barbie said...

I saw a cute little girl at the football game tonight playing with her doll. It made me miss Kate. CUTE PICS!

Annie and Caleb Pinegar said...

I have to say that I dont think Kate needs any more clothes. I loved reading about your family and it sounds and looks like you guys are doing so well. anyway, miss you and hope things are great.

Lindsy Hartsock said...

that is so funny. i love her hair in that first picture, very cute!

Lauren said...

i love all her faces!!! she is too cute for words and already has waaay more clothes than i do. ;)

Katie Bell said...

Hi,
I found your blog on Lani's page. Looks like things are good. Our blog is http://katie-itsme.blogspot.com